For my last blog I'm going to stir the pot a bit as well as kind of rant about this semester. I'm sure most of you guys have relate also. This blog is about all of the construction, closures, and all the problems that have come along with it this semester. Since my freshman year I knew that SRU was always working on something but this semester has taken that statement to a whole new level. Having only 1/4 of a library, parking lots shut down or gated off, Keister being shut down for most of the fall. It is getting quite annoying when they can build a whole new Dollar General, tear down the old one, and make that a new parking lot, before Keister, Bailey, or anything else for that matter can be finished. I know that some of these projects needed to happen and every project has setbacks in it's timeline but it is quite ridiculous that we don't have a library with bathrooms on the first floor or can use the library during the most important week of the year, being finals. With all that being said, hopefully things can get wrapped up over winter break and things could go back to somewhat normal around this campus because it's getting old. GET IT TOGETHER SRU!
p.s. the parking situation still sucks, freshman shouldn't have cars and we need a parking garage....
.. that is all.
I feel your frustration. I had been on campus over summer break and could not go in through the main entrance of Bailey. I thought that it would be done before school started, but it’s almost December and it still is not done. I have heard of multiple cases where students have popped their tires on Keister Road. There was also construction on Strain which resulted in temporary loss of parking spots. I love this campus, but I agree that it is getting old.
ReplyDelete